Waukesha Scraped Surface Heat Exchanger – Votator II Vertical
For more than 80 years, Votator scraped surface heat exchangers have been replacing slow, inefficient batching operations with more uniform, controllable and repeatable continuous processing.
The Votator II incorporates the most popular features of the Thermutator and Votator lines. The unique hydraulic system on the vertical unit makes inspection easy without the use of tools.
- No tools required to inspect blades inside unit
- Unique hydraulic system for easy mutator removal; two units are able to run off of one hydraulic cylinder
- 3A, ASME, and PED Certified
Single and Double Mechanical Seals
- Greater material choices for various applications (ceramic, carbon, silicon carbide, and tungsten carbide)
- Available in standard and narrow faces
- Ease of maintenance and lower cost of ownership
- 100% PEEK‚Ñ¢ – no filler or inserts
- Available in metal detectable version
Integral Gear Motor Drive
- Gear drive is directly coupled to the mutator shaft eliminating the need for a secondary drive shaft and bearing block.
- Overall length of heat exchanger is reduced by 20 ‚Äì 25%.
- Easy to maintain and self-aligning
- Available with up to 30 horsepower for handling the most viscous products
Removable Heat Transfer Tube
- Can be serviced without disturbing hydraulic lifting system, utility piping, or the drive assembly
- Flange bolted to the jacket on the non-driven end allows for quick removal.
- Reliable double O-Ring seal on each end eliminates the need for an expansion joint.
Heat Transfer Area
- Units are available with up to 11 sq ft of heat transfer area (6 X 84)